Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Birthday Gift




I have just hitted my 35th birthday on 7th July. Lots of birthday wishes and little gifts..... Guess time to mellow down. Arn't that fit and 'garung' as before. :(

One of the best gifts this year is an addition to Zippy's look. (The other is a trip to nearby Batam) :) Zippy is now equipped with a pair of really cool looking German-made Hella spot lights. Well, these type of lights are usually installed on jeeps, 4 x 4 and SUVs. But they look pretty cool on Zippy, don't you think so ? They give a very rally look ! Sort of unique too on a hatchback !! The only hatch that pull it off wonderfully is the Mini-Cooper, be it the current models or the classic. Think Swift pull up nicely too.

From the picture, you can see that Zippy look sort of different from previous pictures. That's because I had been using my hands again. (Old habits die hard yeah...) The previous exterior decals on the passenagers' doors had been stripped off and replaced with smaller red & white checks. I tried to arrange them to give the 'flying flag' effect. The end result isn't as perfect but still better than the old decals. Poor me spent a weekend measuring, marking, cutting and arranging the new decals !

Zippy is now about 40% covered with red & white checks ! No wonder my dear friend Michelle had knighted 'Zippy' as 'Checkie' !!!




1 comment:

Edwin said...

Hi, I am the first one to view your blog. Nice car you have. ^.^